A locative media project (Fall 2015- 0ngoing)
This project is a GPS-triggered mobile app design that is aimed for an urban, sound-walk experience in the site of a lost place in Downtown Buffalo, New York.
History of the site:
● 1882: The home of Judge Ebenezer Walden, the mayor of Buffalo 1838-1839, then, demolished for the Music Hall.
● 1883: A Music Hall was designed by August Esenwein.
● March 25th, 1885: Fire destroyed the first Music Hall.
● 1887: Construction of the second Music Hall, designed by Richard Waite.
● 1900: The building became known as the Teck Theatre.
● 1933: The theater closed.
● 1945: The building became a movie theater.
● in the 1980s: The rear of the building was demolished to make way for Pearl Street into downtown.
● 1992: The remainder of the theater was demolished.